WHY I LOVED WORKING ON THIS PROJECT:
Working with Experience Designers to develop solutions beyond advertising
Taking a deep dive into different brands and their philosophies, to find commonalities between them that can make a partnership possible
How do you help small business owners stay in business by reducing nagging costs that weigh down their business?
THE SMALL BUSINESS PROBLEM
Cost of energy is a big headache for every business, but small businesses are the hardest hit, due to their size. Small business owners have a hard time keeping up, because they cannot easily adjust their prices to accommodate such increases.
THE DYNAMIC DUO
Our idea was to bring two brands together to solve this problem.
We explored both brands and discovered that they have a similar philosophy of using technology to simplify life for their consumers. They can partner to come up with a product whose features would draw from each brand's core strengths.
Synergy is a service that would help small businesses save money by regulating energy use in places of business. It is a pluggable device that would be installed in the main electrical supply source for the business. Its features include:
- Sensors that detect which parts of the business do not need electricity at any point, and turn off these deivces
- Real-time monitor that enables the business owner keep track of his energy spend
- Ability to set goals for monthly energy usage
- Syncing the business' energy costs to overall financial performance
- Launch at Small Business exhibitions/events such as TECHSPO New York 2016, the 2016 Business Expo and the Small Business Market Expo
- Digital - Production of interactive video that walks the viewer through the product features and benefits; reach out to tech bloggers to review the product; advertising on Square and Nest websites, key tech blogs and sites such as techcrunch.com and Mashable, as well as on social media pages